For a juicy and sweet but simple beef BBQ that requires basically no prep and tastes amazing every time, follow this hardly-considered-a-recipe recipe.
- 2-3lb Grass Fed Chuck Roast
- 2-3 Tbs of Balsamic Vinegar (use your judgement depending on how sweet you like things and how large your roast is.
- Pinch of Salt
- Wash and dry a grass-fed chuck roast. I’ve been getting ours from Butcherbox since our favorite farmer sold his farm and they have been super consistent and delicious. You can get $15 off your first order with this link if you haven’t tried them yet.
- Add the roast to your slow cooker and drizzle with about 1/4 cup of Balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (grass-fed beef tends to take a little longer) or high will also work, (just not as good in IMHO) for 4-6 hours.
- When the meat is tender and falling apart, remove about half of the liquid and discard. Shred the beef with a fork mixing in the remaining liquid as you go. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of salt, to taste. And that’s it, you’re all set! Serve over a baked russet or sweet potato and something green. My favorite is with a baked sweet potato because the flavor combination is ridiculously good.